Browse by Author
Saint Nicholas society of the city of New York.
- Genealogical record, Saint Nicholas society of the city of New York, organized February 28,1835 incorporated April 17, 1841 (Volume 1) (1905)
- Genealogical record, Saint Nicholas society of the city of New York, organized February 28, 1835, incorporated April 17, 1841 (Volume 2) (1905)
- Genealogical record, Saint Nicholas society of the city of New York, organized February 28,1835 incorporated April 17, 1841 (Volume 3) (1905)
Salisbury, Guy H. (Guy Hyde), 1811-1868.
- The speculative craze of '36. Extract from paper read before the society, February 6, 1863. By Guy H. Salisbury. (1896)
Schaeffer, F. C. (Frederick Christian), 1792-1831.
- Address, Pronounced at the laying of the corner stone of St. Matthew's Church, New York, October 22, 1821; with the ceremonial on the occasion (1821)
Schenectady County Historical Society
- Yearbook of the Schenectady County Historical Society (1905-1906) (1906)
- Yearbook of the Schenectady County Historical Society (1906-1908) (1908)
- Year book of the Schenectady County Historical Society (1908-1912) (1912)
- Year book of the Schenectady County Historical Society (1914-1915) (1915)
Schneider, Philip F., b. 1870.
Schoharie County Historical Society.
- Catalogue of the Schoharie County Historical Society giving list of articles shown in its museum at the Old Stone Fort, Schoharie, N.Y. Together with the names of the donors. Also condensed history of the Old Stone Fort, the Williams Monument, the 15th Regiment and other historical matter. Compiled by H. Cady (1899)
Scudder, Henry Joel, 1825-1886
- An address delivered at Glen Cove, L.I. : at the celebration of the second centennial anniversary of the settlement of that village (1868)
Seelye, Elizabeth (Eggleston), 1858-
Selkreg, John H
Sellstedt, Lars Gustaf, 1819-1911.
- Roswell Willson Haskins. Paper read before the society, December 19, 1870. By Laurentius G. Sellstedt. (1896)
Selyns, Henricus, 1636-1701.
- A catalogue of the members of the Dutch church, with the names of the streets in the city of New-York, A. D. 1686. From the original manuscript of Rev. Henry Selyns, pastor of the church. (1841)
Seneca Falls historical society, Seneca Falls, N. Y.
- Centennial anniversary of Seneca county, and auxiliary papers published by the Seneca Falls historical society. (1904)
Severance, Frank H. (Frank Hayward), 1856-1931.
- The achievements of Captain John Montresor on the Niagara, and the first construction of Fort Erie. By Frank H. Severance. (1896)
- The case of Brig. Gen. Alexander Smyth, as shown by his own writings, some of them now first published, by Frank H. Severance. (1914)
- The consecration of Niagara peace. (1914)
- Contributions towards a bibliography of Buffalo and the Niagara region. The periodical press of Buffalo, 1811-1915, comp. by Frank H. Severance. (1915)
- Contributions towards a bibliography of the Niagara region. The Upper Canada rebellion of 1837-'38. Being an appendix to volume five, Buffalo Historical Society publications. (1902)
- The journeys and journals of an early Buffalo merchant [John Jay] Paper read before the society, April 14, 1890. By Frank H. Severance. (1896)
- Narratives of early mission work on the Niagara frontier and Buffalo creek. (1904)
- Notes on the literature of the war of 1812. (1914)
- An old frontier of France; the Niagara region and adjacent lakes under French control (Volume 1) (1917)
- An old frontier of France; the Niagara region and adjacent lakes under French control (Volume 2) (1917)
- Our neighbors the Tuscaroras, by Frank H. Severance. (1918)
- Papers relating to the war of 1812 on the Niagara frontier. (1896)
- Peace centenary on the Great lakes and the Niagara frontier. (1914)
- The Peace conference at Niagara Falls in 1864. (1914)
- Peace conference at Niagara Falls in 1914. 2nd version (1914)
- Peace Mission to Niagara of Ephraim Douglas in 1783. (1914)
- Picture book of earlier Buffalo (1912)
- Random notes on the authors of Buffalo. Paper read before the society March 18 and April 15, 1889. By Frank H. Severance. (1896)
- The story of Joncaire, his life and times on the Niagara, by Frank H. Severance (1906)
- Studies of the Niagara frontier, by Frank H. Severance. (1911)
- The tale of captives at Fort Niagara. (1906)
Sexton, Pliny Titus
- Reasons and authorities favoring educational unification under the Regents of the University [of the State of New York] (1899)
Shea, John Gilmary, 1824-1892.
- Journal of an embassy from Canada to the United Colonies of New England, in 1650. By Father Gabriel Druillettes of the Society of Jesus. Translated from the original manuscript, with notes, etc. by John Gilmary Shea (1857)
Sheaffe, Sir Roger Hale, 1763-1851.
- Documents relating to the war of 1812; the letter-book of Gen. Sir Roger Hale Sheaffe. Now first published. (1904)
Sheldon, James, 1821-1887.
- The life and public services of Oliver Forward. Read before the society, January 25, 1875. By Hon. James Sheldon. (1875)
Shepard, Ellie Josephine (Sumner) "Mrs. F. J. Shepard," b. 1854.
Shepard, Frederick Job, 1850-1934
- The Johnson's Island plot: an historical narrative of the conspiracy of the Confederates, in 1864, to capture the U.S. steamship Michigan on Lake Erie, and release the prisoners of war in Sandusky Bay (1906)
Sherman, John, 1772-1828
Skinner, Otis A. (Otis Ainsworth), 1807-1861.
- The position, duty, and prospects of Universalists. A farewell sermon, delivered in the Orchard Street Church, New York, Sunday morning, February 4th, 1849. (1849)
Skinner, Thomas H. (Thomas Harvey), 1791-1871.
- Love of country: a discourse, delivered on Thanksgiving Day, December 12th, 1850, in the Bleeker Street Church. (1851)
Slater (J. and J. )
Sloan, James, 1788?-1868.
- Early trade routes. Adventures and recollections of a pioneer trader, with an account of his share in the building of Buffalo harbor. By Captain James Sloan. (1896)
Smalley, E. (Elam), 1805-1858.
- A sermon preached before the Bible Society of Rensselaer County, on its fortieth anniversary, in the Second Presbyterian Church, Troy, January 17, 1855 (1855)
Smith, Asa D. (Asa Dodge), 1804-1877.
- Christian stewarship. A farewell sermon delivered in the Fourteenth Street Presbyterian Church, New York, Sabbath morning, Nov. 15, 1863. (1863)
Smith, Hugh, 1795-1849.
- God's counsel and purpose (of warning rather than judgment) against the crowning city. A sermon, occasioned by the devastating fire of 16th December, and delivered in the Mission Church of the Holy Evangelists, on Sunday morning, Dec. 20, 1835. (1835)
Smith, Joseph Aubin, 1832-
Smith, Thomas E.V. (Edward Vermilye), 1857-1922
- Political parties and their places of meeting in New York City, by Thomas E. V. Smith. Read before the New York Historical Society, February 7th, 1893 (1893)
Snow, Julia F (Miller)
Sondgrass, William D. (William Davis), 1796-1886.
- The true ground of esteem for the ministry, a discourse delivered in Murray Street Church, New York, on Thursday evening, January 31, 1833, at the installation of Thomas M'Auley (1833)
Spencer, John C. (John Canfield), 1788-1855.
- Correspondence between John C. Spencer and a committee of the friends of the general administration, at Rochester, N.Y., October the 19th, 1842. (1842)
Sprague, Henry Ware
Sprague, William Buell, 1795-1876.
- A sermon delivered on Wednesday evening, June 21, 1854, at the installment of the Rev. E. Smalley, D. D., as pastor of the Second Presbyterian Church, Albany (1854)
Spring, Gardiner, 1785-1873.
- The danger and hope of the American people: a discourse on the day of the annual thanksgiving, in the State of New York (1843)
- The old and the new church. Two discourses: the first delivered on the 25th of May, 1856, as the closing sermon in the old Brick Church in Beekman Street: the last on the 31st of October, 1858, at the dedication of the new Brick Church on Murray Hill. (1858)
St. Peter's Church, Auburn, N. Y.
- Twenty-fifth anniversary of the rectorship of Rev. John Brainard, D. D., in St. Peter's Church, Auburn, N.Y. 1863-1888 (1889)
St. Thomas' Church(New York, N.Y.)
- An account of the ceremony of laying the corner stone of St. Thomas' Church: including the addresses delivered on that of the rise of that church (1824)
Stansbury, Arthur J. (Arthur Joseph), 1781-1865.
- A valedictory discourse, delivered at Graham's Church, in the County of Orange, and State of New York; on Sabbath, the 18th of August, 1816, on resigning the pastoral care of that church (1816)
Steele, Oliver Gray, 1805-1879.
- The Buffalo common schools. Read before the society, January 23, 1863. By O. G. Steele. (1863)
- The origin and progress of the Buffalo Historical Society. Read before the Society, June 26, 1873. (1873)
Stewart, Albert Struthers, 1847-
- St. Luke's garden (1911)
Stewart, E. H.
Stewart, Sara Elizabeth
- Two prize essays on educational unification in the state of New York [by Sara E. Stewart and Richard E. Day] (1899)
Stickney, Charles E., 1841-1930.
- A history of the Minisink region; which includes the present towns of Minisink, Deerpark, Mount Hope, Greenville and Wawayanda, in Orange County, New York, from their organization and first settlement to the present time; also including a general history of the first settlement of the county (1867)
Stockton, Charles G., b. 1853.
Stoddard, Seneca Ray, 1844-1917
- Adirondacks: illustrated (1881)
Stoddard, William Osborn, 1835-1925
- The royal decrees of Scanderoon. Dedicated to the sachems of Tammany, and to the other grand magnorums of Manhattan. (1869)
Stony Brook Association.
Symons, T. W. (Thomas William), 1849-1920.
- History of Buffalo harbor. Its construction and improvement during the nineteenth century. Comp. from records in the U. S. engineer's office, Buffalo, N. Y., by Major Thomas W. Symons ... and John C. Quintus ... (1896)