Browse the May Anti-Slavery Collection
Sorted by Author |
Sorted by Title | Sorted by Date
| 1700-1799 |
-  Letter and short poem, on the death of Abraham Lincoln,, A by French, Benjamin B. (Benjamin Brown), 1800-1870.
-  Papers relating to the Garrison mob by Lyman, Theodore, 1833-1897. available in print
-  Sixth annual report of the Friends' Association of Philadelphia for the Aid and Elevation of the Freedmen. by Friends' Association of Philadelphia for the Aid and Elevation of the Freedmen. available in print
-  San Juan Island : speech of Hon. Jacob M. Howard, of Michigan, delivered in executive session of the Senate, April 16, 1869. (The injunction of secrecy having been removed). by Howard, Jacob Merritt, 1805-1871.
-  Speech of Gen. J.P.C. Shanks, of Indiana, on treatment of prisoners of war : delivered before the Grand Army of the Republic, Washington, D.C., March 19, 1870 ... by Shanks, John P. C. (John Peter Clever), 1826-1901. available in print
-  Naboth's vineyard : speech of Hon. Charles Sumner, of Massachusetts, on the proposed annexion of "The island of San Domingo," delivered in the Senate of the United States, December 21, 1870. by Sumner, Charles, 1811-1874. available in print
-  Speech of Hon. Charles Sumner, on the Johnson-Clarendon treaty for the settlement of claims. Delivered in the U.S. Senate [April 13, 1869] With an appendix. by Sumner, Charles, 1811-1874. available in print
-  Address of Gen. William Cogswell, of Salem, at the grand New England celebration of the Emancipation Proclamation, the charge of the Mass. 54th, at Fort Wagner, and the adoption of the 15th amendment : held under the auspices of the colored citizens of New Bedford, July 18, 1871. by Cogswell, William, 1838-1895. available in print
-  Masonry among colored men in Massachusetts : to the Right Worshipful J.G. Findel, honorary Grand Master of the Prince Hall Grand Lodge, and general representative thereof to the lodges upon the continent of Europe. by Hayden, Lewis, 1815-1899. available in print
-  Sixteenth annual report of the Home for Destitute Colored Children : located at Maylandville, on the Darby Road. by Home for Destitute Colored Children (Philadelphia, Pa.) available in print
-  Nineteenth annual report of the Board of Managers of the Institute for Colored Youth. by Institute for Colored Youth (Philadelphia, Pa.) available in print
-  Annual report of the Reform League by Powell, Aaron M. (Aaron Macy), 1832-1899. available in print
-  Complaint against the Presbyterians and some of their doctrines by May, Samuel J. (Samuel Joseph), 1797-1871.
-  Notes about Cuba. by Aguilera, Francisco Vicente, 1821-1877. available in print
-  Benson family of Newport, Rhode Island. Together with an appendix concerning the Benson families in America of English descent, The by Garrison, Wendell Phillips, 1840-1907. available in print
-  Polynesian slave trade : its character and tendencies : with reasons adduced for its total and immediate prohibition, The by Harvey, Thomas, 1812-1884. available in print
-  Slave trade in the New Hebrides : being papers read at the annual meeting of the New Hebrides Mission, held at Aniwa, July 1871 and published by the authority of the meeting, The by Kay, John, fl. 1872. available in print
-  General amnesty : speech of Hon. Carl Schurz, of Missouri : delivered in the Senate of the United States, January 30, 1872. by Schurz, Carl, 1829-1906.
-  Struggle between the civilization of slavery and that of freedom, recently and now going on in Louisiana, The by Billings, Edward C. (Edward Coke), 1829-1893. available in print
-  African colonization and Christian missions by Lindsley, John Berrien, 1822-1897. available in print
-  Africa and colonization : an address delivered before the American Colonization Society, January 21, 1873 by Humphrey, Edward P. (Edward Porter), 1809-1897. available in print
-  Slavery in Cuba : a report of the proceedings of the meeting held at Cooper Institute, New York City, December 13, 1872 : newspaper extracts, official correspondence, etc., etc. by Cuban Anti-Slavery Committee. available in print
-  Brief political history of the rise and fall of the free institutions of the United States of America, A by Hubbard, John C., fl. 1873. available in print
-  Life and adventures of James Williams, a fugitive slave, with a full description of the Underground railroad. by Williams, James, b. 1825. available in print
-  Fillmore and Sumner. A letter from William Lloyd Garrison. by Garrison, William Lloyd, 1805-1879.
-  Question of races in the United States, The by Thompson, Joseph Parrish, 1819-1879. available in print
-  Charles Sumner: a eulogy, by Curtis, George William, 1824-1892. available in print
-  Death and the resurrection. A sermon preached on Sunday, March 15, 1874, by Bradlee, C. D. (Caleb Davis), 1831-1897. available in print
-  History of liberty, The by No author available in print
-  First anti-slavery protest, The by Seidensticker, Oswald, 1825-1894.
-  Prof. Carr's reply to inquiries of joint committee of California State Grange, Mechanics' Deliberative Assembly and Mechanics' State Council : September 5, 1874. by Carr, Ezra S. (Ezra Slocum), 1819-1894. available in print
-  University and its managers before the people and the law, The by Swinton, William, 1833-1892. available in print
-  New education : objections to the system as taught in the University of California, The by Pinney, G. W. available in print
-  Memorial of California State Grange and Mechanics' Deliberative Assembly on the State University. by California State Grange.
-  Bounties : speech of Hon. Marcus L. Ward, of New Jersey, in the House of Representatives, June 19, 1874. by Ward, Marcus L. (Marcus Lawrence), 1812-1884.
-  Past and present of Fiji, The by Chesson, F. W. (Frederick William), 1833 or 4-1888. available in print
-  Beriah Green. by Green, S. W. (Samuel Worcester), b. 1822. available in print
-  Anti-slavery protest of 1688, The by Seidensticker, Oswald, 1825-1894.
-  Speeches of Pope Pius IX. by Gladstone, W. E. (William Ewart), 1809-1898. available in print
-  Presentation of statues of John Winthrop and Samuel Adams : speech of Hon. George F. Hoar, of Massachusetts, in the House of Representatives, December 19, 1876. by Hoar, George Frisbie, 1826-1904. available in print
-  Installation of Rev. Joseph May as pastor of the First Unitarian Congregational Society of Philadelphia, January 12, 1876 : with a sketch of the origin of the church. by First Congregational Society of Unitarian Christians in the City of Philadelphia. available in print
-  John Osawatomie Brown der Negerheiland : Festschrift zur ersten Sakularfeier der Vereinigten Staaten von Nord-Amerika by Prowe, Adolf, b. 1829. available in print
-  Campaign in South Carolina : the real Democratic policy exposed : the "Mississippi" tactics as practiced in South Carolina : letter of Gov. Chamberlain to the chairman of the State Democratic Executive Committee : Republican reform vindicated and Democratic violence arraigned : a free ballot shall be secured, The by Chamberlain, Daniel Henry, 1835-1907. available in print
-  White slavery of Europe, The by Borel, T. (Theodore), b. 1807. available in print
-  Historical sketch of the early movement in Illinois for the legalization of slavery : read at the annual meeting of the Chicago Historical Society, December 5th, 1864, An by Brown, William H. (William Hubbard), 1796-1867. available in print
-  Ariel's reply to the Rev. John A. Seiss, D.D., of Philadelphia : also, his reply to the scientific geologist and other learned men, in their attacks on the credibility of the Mosaic account of the creation and of the flood. by Ariel, 1799-1883. available in print
-  We are in our fathers' house : speech of Hon. Benjamin H. Hill, on the general amnesty bill : delivered in the House of Representatives, January 11, 1876. by Hill, Benjamin H. (Benjamin Harvey), 1823-1882. available in print
-  State of public sentiment in relation to the causes and issues of the late rebellion : speech of Hon. S.A. Hurlbut, of Illinois : in the House of Representatives, March 24, 1876, The by Hurlbut, Stephen Augustus, 1815-1882.
-  President Hayes's southern policy : speech of Daniel H. Chamberlain delivered at Woodstock, Conn., July 4th, 1877. by Chamberlain, Daniel Henry, 1835-1907. available in print
-  Turkey and the slave trade : a statement of facts by Chesson, F. W. (Frederick William), 1833 or 4-1888. available in print
-  Color question. A letter written for the sixtieth annual meeting of the American Colonization Society, Washington, D. C., January 16, 1877,, The by Humphrey, Edward P. (Edward Porter), 1809-1897.
-  Information about going to Liberia. by American Colonization Society.
-  Reunion of the Free-Soilers of 1848, at Downer Landing, Hingham, Mass., August 9, 1877. by Free Soil Party (U.S.) available in print
-  Christian civilization of Africa. An address delivered before the American Colonization Society, January 16, 1877,, The by Latrobe, John H. B. (John Hazlehurst Boneval), 1803-1891.
-  North America and Africa : their past, present and future by Foard, John F. (John Frederick), b. 1827. available in print
-  Sufferings of the Rev. T. G. Campbell and his family, in Georgia. by Campbell, T. G. (Tunis Gulic), b. 1812. available in print
-  Letters of Mr. William E. Chandler relative to the so-called southern policy of President Hayes, together with a letter to Mr. Chandler of Mr. William Lloyd Garrison. by Chandler, William E. (William Eaton), 1835-1917. available in print
-  Life and pontificate of Pope Pius IX, The by No author available in print
-  Rev. Fr. Rooney's oration on St. Patrick's day, delivered at St. Dominic's Church, San Francisco, 1878. by Rooney, Antoninus, 1837-1905. available in print
-  Klima und Sclaverei : des Communisten-Staates zweiter Theil : Studie by Siegwart, Carl. available in print
-  Record of the democracy in relation to soldiers of the late war : speech of the Hon. John A. McMahon, of Ohio : in defense of the record of the democracy in relation to soldiers of the late war : delivered in the House of Representatives, April 8, 1878. by McMahon, John A., 1833-1923.
-  Report. by Association for the Benefit of Colored Orphans (New York, N.Y.) available in print
-  Emigration to Liberia : an address delivered before the American Colonization Society, January 21, 1879 by Armstrong, S. C. (Samuel Chapman), 1839-1893.
-  Kidnapping of Bulgarians during the Russo-Turkish War, The by Salisbury, Robert Cecil, marquess of, 1830-1903. available in print
-  William Lloyd Garrison : a commemorative discourse, preached at the First Unitarian church, Philadelphia by May, Joseph, 1836-1918. available in print
-  Six months on a slaver : a true narrative by Manning, Edward, fl. 1879.
-  Case of Walter W. Broom : a statement of facts, The by No author available in print
-  Address delivered at the Re-union Convention of the Old Abolitionists of Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania : October 1st, 1879, at Alliance, Ohio by Bradford, Arthur B. (Arthur Bullus), 1810-1899. available in print
-  African colonization. An address delivered before the American Colonization Society, January 21st, 1879, by Howe, M. A. De Wolfe, (Mark Antony De Wolfe), 1809-1895.
-  Discourse on William Lloyd Garrison, and the anti-slavery movement : delivered at the Church of the Saviour, Brooklyn, N.Y., Sunday evening, June 1, 1879, A by Putnam, A. P. (Alfred Porter), 1827-1906. available in print
-  Debate on pensioning Jeff. Davis : condensed from the proceedings of the U. S. Senate, March 3, 1879. by United States. Congress. (45th, 3rd Session : 1878-1879). Senate.