Weisbach, Principles of the mechanics of machinery and engineering (Vol.2), 1849.
Table of Contents
Click Adobe PDF icons to download book sections.
- (2.6 MB) Front Cover, Title Page, Preface by the American Editor, Author's Preface, Table of Contents, List of Illustrations
- (11.8 MB) Section I. The Application of Mechanics in Buildings.
- Chapter I. The equilibrium and pressure of semi-fluids
- Chapter II. Theory of arches
- Chapter III. Theory of framings of wood and iron / Strength of materials
- Division II. Application of Mechanics to Machinery
- (7.9 MB) Section II. Of Moving Powers, and their Effects / Chapters I through III.
- Chapter I. Of the measure of moving powers, and their effects
- Chapter II. Of animal power, and its recipient machines
- Chapter III. On collecting and leading water that is to serve a power
- (8.5 MB) Section II. Continued / Chapter IV
- Chapter IV. Of vertical water wheels
- (9 MB) Section II. Continued / Chapter V
- Chapter V. Of horizontal water wheels
- (8.3 MB) Section II. Continued / Chapters VI and VII.
- Chapter VI. Water-pressure engines
- Chapter VII. On windmills