Weisbach, Principles of the mechanics of machinery and engineering (Vol.1), 1849.
Table of Contents
Click Adobe PDF icons to download book sections.
- (2.9 MB) Section I. Phoronomy; or The Pure Mathematical Science of Motion.
- Chapter I. Simple Motion
- Chapter II. Compound Motion
- (3.3 MB) Section II. Mechanics in the Physical Science of Motion in General
- Chapter I. Fundamental ideas and fundamental laws of mechanics
- Chapter II. The mechanics of material point
- (8.9 MB) Section III. Statics of Rigid Bodies. Chapters I through IV
- Chapter I. General laws of the statics of rigid bodies
- Chapter II. Centre of gravity
- Chapter III. Equilibrium of bodies rigidly connected and supported
- Chapter IV. Equilibrium in funicular machines
- (10.3 MB) Section III. Continued / Statics of Rigid Bodies. / Chapters V and VI
- Chapter V. On the resistances of friction and rigidity
- Chapter VI. Elasticity and rigidity
- (9.8 MB) Section IV. Dynamics of Rigid Bodies.
- Chapter I. On the equilibrium and pressure of water in vessels
- Chapter II. On the equilibrium of water with other bodies
- Chapter III. On the equilibrium and pressure of air
- Chapter I. The general laws of the efflux of water from vessels
- Chapter II. On the contraction of the fluid vein by the efflux of water through orifices in a thin plate
- Chapter III. On the efflux of water through tubes
- Chapter IV. On the resistance of water in passing through contraction
- Chapter V. On the efflux of water under variable pressure
- Chapter VI. On the efflux of air from vessels and tubes
- Chapter VII. On the motion of water in canals and rivers
- Chapter VIII. Hydrometry or the doctrine of the measurement of water
- Chapter IX. On the impulse and resistance of fluids