Welcome to the Johnson Family Papers Collection
The Cornell University Library Johnson Family Papers Collection consist of correspondence, wills, diplomas, marriage certificates, obituaries, photographs, genealogical notes and family histories, land grant certificates, military documents, a book of autographs, and other papers and documents of the Johnson and related families, direct descendants of the Presidential Adams family. The family was located chiefly in Utica, New York.
Digitized versions available for:
- Box 1: Correspondence: Abigail Adams, Sarah Adams, Abigail Louisa Smith Johnson, John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Charles Adams, Thomas B. Adams, Susan B. Adams, Charles Thomas Clark
- Box 2: Correspondence: Abigail Adams, Sarah Adams, Abigail Louisa Smith Johnson, Alexander B. Johnson, William Clarkson Johnson, Belinda Clarkson
- Box 3: Correspondence: John Savage, A. Burr, Dewitt Clinton, and Savage Records
- Box 4: Miscellaneous Documents
- Box 5: Correspondence: Margaret Smith, Alexander Smith Johnson, James Smith, Sarah Adams, Abigail Louisa Smith Johnson, and Edward Savage and Johnson Records
- Box 6: Edward Savage and Johnson Records
- Box 7: Miscellaneous Documents
The Cornell University Library Johnson Family Papers Collection is open to the general public, in accordance with the terms set forth in the Guidelines for Using Public Domain Text, Images, Audio and Video Reproduced from Cornell Digital Library Collections.