About the Ezra Cornell Papers
The Cornell papers have for the most part been presented to the University by the Cornell family. Some material has been held by the Cornell University Library since the beginning of the University. Upon the establishment of the Collection of Regional History in 1942 and the University Archives in 1951, material has been held there and in its successor organizations, Cornell University Library's Department of Manuscripts and University Archives, and the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections. Additional material was transferred to the University Archives from the DeWitt Historical Society of Ithaca, New York.