In 1827 Methodist circuit riders began to hold services in Dresden when it became a
charge on the Crooked Lake circuit. The society began to collect funds, in 1829 to
buy a lot and build a church. The church was completed in 1832. The first class of
the Methodist Episcopal Church of Dresden was organized in 1831. The church was sold
to Baptists during a low period for the Methodist Episcopal society. No trustee or
board meetings were held between 1841-1848. A board meeting in the Presbyterian
church reorganized the church March 21, 1848 and by April 1848 the church had
purchased their old church from the Baptist society.