The Baptist Church of Avoca was first organized on January 13, 1847 in the home of Alexander Arnold. The church adopted the Declaration of Faith and Covenant which had been published by the New Hampshire Baptist State Convention. On August 13, 1847 the church was received into the Steuben Baptist Association. In 1852 a church was built. In March 1852 the church united with the Baptist Church in Cohocton.