On November 29, 1828 members of different churches met in Hornby and agreed to draw up Articles of Faith and a Covenant for a new church. They were constituted as The Baptist Church of Hornby and Bath on June 24, 1829 having organized as a conference in December, 1828. The church changed its name to The Baptist Church of Campbell and Bath in 1832, and incorporated under that name in 1854. The church's first ordained minister began his work in 1838. On June 26, 1855 a new meeting house was dedicated.
Members from this church were given leave to form a church in Hornby and Mud Creek in the 1830's, in Oak Hill in 1849 and in Campbell in 1874. Prior to the last split the church filed a petition to change its name to the Savona Baptist Church to conform to the post office and location in Savona, a village in Bath Township.