The Presbyterian Church in Dundee was an offshoot of the Eddytown Society, from which it drew most of its members. At a meeting of male members at Harpending's Corners at the school house April 11, 1832, the church voted to incorporate under the name of the Second Presbyterian Church in Starkey. Usually the church shared the services of the Eddytown minister. In 1846 the church changed its name to the present one. The Society first worshipped in the school house, and afterwards in a building which was the first store of John Starkey converted into a meeting house. A church was built in 1844 at the cost of $1,400, and was remodeled in 1857. See the
History of Yates County, New York, pages 1087-1089 for a list of original members, pastors and officers.