In 1814 Bath, which had 10 Methodists, was included on the Newtown (now Elmira) circuit in the Genesee Conference. In 1816 an auxiliary of the American Bible Society was organized by Methodist and Presbyterian women. By 1819 Bath was probably on the Dansville circuit. Religious services and Bible school were held in the courthouse until 1819 when it was forbidden by the supervisors. Thereafter, until the completion of the church in 1826, the members met in each other's homes. The church building was used by many other churches at various times. In 1846 it was remodeled. In 1866 the church changed its name to Centenary Methodist Episcopal Church when it built a new church.