full text File Size: 22 K bytes | Add this to my bookbag

   Container / Location    Title
 
Session Record Book, June 1847 - April 1897 [series]: (Item #2)
Session minutes record same information as in item #1 with the addition of deacon's reports.

 
Confession of Faith (2 pages) and Covenant (2 pages)
With membership lists (names, removed, died, dismissed).

 
June 16, 1847
Minutes begin. Pagination begins.

 
p. 5: ( August 5, 1848 )
Session invites First Presbyterian Church of Painted Post to reunite separated congregations.

 
p. 10: ( April 2, 1849 )
Resolution by Presbytery to reunite Corning and Painted Post churches.

 
p. 32: ( December 29, 1851 )
Member excommunicated as result of a case which lasted two years.

 
p. 79: ( April 1, 1856 )
Decision re: foreign missions fund.

 
p. 80: ( April 4, 1856 )
Resolution re: dancing.

 
p. 118: ( July 5, I860 )
Female members invited to participate in election of church officers.

 
p. 147: ( November 30, 1863 )
Resolution to hold daily prayer meetings and to invite Rev. O. Parker, "The Evangelist," to assist.

 
October 14, 1886
Minutes end.

 
"Record of Ruling Elders."
Gives synopsis of church history and lists elders' names, when ordained, installed, ceased to act.

 
List of elders
Same page as above. Of First Presbyterian Church of Painted Post, with dates.

 
List of elders
For the reunited First Presbyterian Church of Corning, with dates.

 
Resolution
re: death of an elder, 1883 .

 
Deaths ( 1880-1893? )
Lists names and dates.

 
"Names of Male Members"
Includes name, date, how received, date died, suspended or excommunicated (paginated).

 
List of suspended members ( 1874-1880 )
 
List of letters granted ( 1874-1896 )
Lists names, dates.

 
Baptisms
Records whether male, female adult or infant, who performed and when.

 
Letter of dismission and recommendation, ( 1882 )
Signed by church clerk and pastor.

 
Newspaper clipping, ( n.d. )
re: mission contributions.

 
Member's Disjunction Certificate, 1888 , tipped in
 
Newspaper clipping, ( n.d. )
Of centennial speech delivered July 1876.