This church was constituted as the Baptist Church of Jersey on November 22, 1815 with twelve members. One of the members, Phineas Fullerton was licensed to preach, and supplied the pulpit part time for a few years, but in 1818 he was excluded for intemperance. The Elder Thomas Brown supplied the church until 1824. In 1823 the name was changed to the Jersey and Tyrone Church, under which name it incorporated in 1826. In 1861 "Jersey" was dropped.
The church occupied a union church half-time from its construction in 1830 until erection of a church in West Village in 1849. The union edifice burned in 1851. See The History of Schuyler County p. 221 for a list of pastors and statistics from 1879.