The First Methodist Episcopal Church of Trumansburg was made a distinct charge on January 4, 1831. A log church was built and dedicated in 1832, was sold in 1856, and a brick church was built and dedicated in 1857. A Sabbath School was organized in 1845 and held as many as 75-80 scholars at a time. A Bible class was added to the regular Sunday classes in 1850, and soom after, a Sabbath School Missionary Society was organized. The Trumansburg Methodist Episcopal Church was part of the Ulysses circuit and its pastors and class leaders attended the circuit quarterly conference meetings. The Ulysses circuit embraced charges, classes, and societies at Trumansburg, Mecklenburg, Enfield, Covert, Jacksonville and McIntyre's Settlement. In 1833 the circuit was divided into East and West sections, or Ulysses and Enfield circuits. In 1838 delegates from the Ulysses circuit were chosen to
go to a quarterly conference meeting of the Ovid circuit to suggest annexing it, but the outcome of this is unclear.