The First Baptist Church of Marion was organized as the First Baptist Church of Williamson on February 24, 1804 by Elder Seba Norton of Sodus, New York with nineteen original members. During the next twenty-five years services were held regularly at the Mason schoolhouse. In 1829 the Society built the first church building; in Williamson, a wooden structure with galleries on three sides. In 1850 the church was converted into a store and a new building, costing $4000, was erected and dedicated on November 25, 1850. In 1867 an addition and extensive repairs were made. See
The History of Wayne County and the accessions folder for a list of pastors and additional details.