The Christian Church at Trumbull's Corners was organized on May 20, 1854 in school district No. 12. The first pastor was Reverend Ezra Chase. In 1858 the church began to erect an edifice, which was dedicated on December 23, 1858. The church was affiliated with the Tioga River Conference until 1906, when it became part of the New York Central Christian Conference. The church incorporated itself as the Christian Church of Newfield on June 24, 1858 and as the First Christian Church of Newfield on February 20, 1908.