The Second Baptist Church of Walworth was organized in 1832 by Elder R. Powell. The filmed records extend from 1832 to the Civil War period. The meeting for incorporation was held March 5, 1833. Following that there were monthly covenant meetings and annual trustees' election meetings for which we have written records. The church erected its meeting house in 1834.