This church was organized as the Baptist Church of Ovid adn Hector on February 16, 1803 with 29 members. A meeting house was constructed. The church membership grew steadily with regular revivals. In 1820 the church left the Cayuga Baptist Association and joined the Seneca Baptist Association. Groups of members broke off at different times to form churches at Peach Orchard (Collection #6059) and other locations.