The First Baptist Church of Williamson was formed December 12, 1826, by Rev. Marvin Alien, vith thirty members, and the early meetings vere held in the Moody and Russel schoolhouses. The first church edifice was built in 1827, by subscription, payable in grain or money. The house was of the "Galleried" type, and stood on the site of the present church. It vas dedicated by Rev. Alien the same year, and used until burned, in 1842. Another church was completed in 1843, and was dedicated in 1846, by Rev. Seth Ever. See
The History of Wayne County for a list of pastors.