In 1783 the church began to meet in the school house and was the first church to be constituted vest of the pre-emption line. It began as a Congregational church and in 1807 it became Presbyterian and joined the Geneva Presbytery. A new meeting house was raised. In 1842 that building was torn down and the materials were used in the construction of a new building. See the accessions folder for a more detailed history and p. 147,
History of Wayne County.