The First Baptist Society of Geneva was formed in August 1825 and the records of the Society begin on the 29th of that month. The church was incorporated in 1839 when a church building was purchased from the Presbyterians. The church was a member of the Ontario Baptist Association and the Ontario Baptist Ministerial Conference. In addition, the church established its own missionary society auxiliary to the Baptist Association and maintained a Bible tract society and a temperance organization. A social aid society was formed in November 1855. There was considerable revival activity in the church, most notably in the winter of 1838-1839 and from November 1842 to March 1843.