The Roland Park Company was established in 1891 to plan and develop a residential area north of the city limits of Baltimore, Maryland. The company was owned by the Lands Trust Company of London, England, and the Jarvis-Conklin Mortgage Company, headquartered in Kansas City, served as the developer. Edward H. Bouton, a Kansas City real estate developer, served as the company's general manager. Landscape architects George Kessler, John C. Olmsted and Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr. were involved with the planning of Roland Park. By 1910, Roland Park neared completion, and the company reorganized and continued to plan other residential areas, among them Guilford, Homeland and Northwood.