John G. Camp was chief of the Quartermaster Dept. of the Army of the Niagara in the War
of 1812, a member of the Ohio Legislature, and U.S. Marshall at Tallahassee, Fla. His
son, Jacob Andrus Camp (1823-1900) was paymaster in Kentucky and Tennessee during the
Civil War and a special agent for the U.S. Treasury Dept. Their families lived in
Buffalo, N.Y. and Sandusky, Ohio.