Professor Millier received his Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell's College of Agriculture in October 1945. He then served as District Agricultural Engineer in the Department of Agricultural Engineering. Recognizing the need for a graduate degree and the challenges of ventilating dairy barns, he became a Research Assistant, working with Professor Clesson Turner, and earned his Ph.D. degree in 1950. Their innovative work created a ventilation system that remains a seminal development in ventilation of structures for dairy and other animals. In 1998 his work was honored by a plaque presented by the American Society of Agricultural Engineers. The plaque was installed at the entrance of Riley-Robb Hall on the Cornell campus. During his career at the Department of Agricultural Engineering, he was appointed as Associate professor with tenure in July 1956, and Professor in July 1964. He was awarded the status of Professor Emeritus on October 1, 1986.