The Sloan Program was founded in 1955 as part of the Cornell Graduate
School of Business and Public Administration. In 1984 it transfered to the
Dept. of Human Service Studies, now called Policy Analysis and Management, in
the New York State College of Human Ecology. In October of 1987 the faculty of
the College of Human Ecology voted unanimously to make the Sloan Program a
permanent part of the College.