Landscape architect, civil engineer, professor of city and regional planning.
Gilmore D. Clarke graduated from Cornell University in 1913, and joined the faculty
there in 1935. He was a partner in the New York firm of Clarke and Rapuano, Inc.,
chairman of the National Commission of Fine Arts from 1937-1950, the head of a White
House remodelling project, a member of the board of design of the 1939 World's Fair,
and an architectural consultant on the United Nations headquarters and other
projects in New York and Washington.