This collection is an amalgamation of several separate collections of different origin. Over a period of approximately sixty years, the official records of the Dean's Office of the College of Veterinary Medicine during Moore's tenure as well as that of James Law were mixed with the personal papers of Veranus Moore and his son Norman Moore. At some point in the 1950s the files were rehoused and reorganized in one chronological run. In 2002-2003 the collection was again reprocessed to provide better access to significant material. There is still a series of chronological "miscellaneous" files, but correspondence from particularly noteworthy individuals and institutions as well as frequent correspondents have been separated. Other material, such as biographical information, subject files and ephemera, have been separated into their own series. Thus the structure of the collection
is purely artificial and no conclusions should be drawn about Moore's priorities or modus operandi from the folder arrangement.
Some Dean's Office records from Moore's tenure may have been lost when the College moved from James Law Hall to Schurman Hall in 1959. This is evidenced by an 1899 letter from Cooper Curtice to Moore found at the Law Hall "wrecking site" in 1959 by Mrs. Theodore S Lisberger. The letter is now located in the Cooper Curtice folder in Series III. Correspondence.